Data size too large in IIS

IT Manager

We are using Windows Server 2003 along with IIS 6.

When trying to browse to an ASP page, the following error is returned:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0107'
Data size too large.

Size of data being sent in the request is over the allowed limit.

The asp page in question is about 5 KB in size and we also increased the
size of the AspBufferingLImit setting in Metabase.xml to over 16MB to no
avail.

Similar ASP pages are all working, it is only this one, and there is nothing
special or different about this one.

Any ideas?

TIA

Bob Barrows [MVP]

IT said:
We are using Windows Server 2003 along with IIS 6.

When trying to browse to an ASP page, the following error is returned:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0107'
Data size too large.

Size of data being sent in the request is over the allowed limit.

The asp page in question is about 5 KB in size and we also increased
the size of the AspBufferingLImit setting in Metabase.xml to over
16MB to no avail.

Similar ASP pages are all working, it is only this one, and there is
nothing special or different about this one.
This?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273482

http://www.google.com/search?q=ASP+...ox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLG

IT Manager

I have seen this article but does not apply to us. We are simply passing a
date and a small string value in the ASP page. There are no forms to speak of.

We have very similar ASP pages that work.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Time to start debugging it, then. Start removing stuff, a little at a time,
until it no longer generates the error. That will tell you what part is
doing it.

Daniel Crichton

What does the page do?

The only time I ever see this error is during development where I do
something really silly like forget to put a MoveNext into a loop that
processed a recordset and outputs data, so the same record is processed over
and over until IIS can't cope with the amount of data in the response any
more.

Dan

IT wrote on Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:56:00 -0700:

IT Manager

It opens a Crystal report using Server.CreateObject.

We figured out the problem. The report contained a function that was over
3000 lines long - that was the obstacle.

Why IIS would throw this error is beyond me. The ASP page itself is no more
than 5 KB in size - why should IIS care what's inside the Crystal report?

Daniel Crichton

Possibly an error was being thrown which was then sending the content of the
function, hence overloading the response buffer.

Dan