Data size too large in IIS

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by IT Manager, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. IT Manager

    IT Manager Guest

    We are using Windows Server 2003 along with IIS 6.

    When trying to browse to an ASP page, the following error is returned:

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0107'
    Data size too large.

    Size of data being sent in the request is over the allowed limit.

    The asp page in question is about 5 KB in size and we also increased the
    size of the AspBufferingLImit setting in Metabase.xml to over 16MB to no
    avail.

    Similar ASP pages are all working, it is only this one, and there is nothing
    special or different about this one.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    IT Manager, Jul 18, 2007

  2. IT Manager wrote:
    > We are using Windows Server 2003 along with IIS 6.
    >
    > When trying to browse to an ASP page, the following error is returned:
    >

    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0107'
    > Data size too large.
    >
    > Size of data being sent in the request is over the allowed limit.
    >
    > The asp page in question is about 5 KB in size and we also increased
    > the size of the AspBufferingLImit setting in Metabase.xml to over
    > 16MB to no avail.
    >
    > Similar ASP pages are all working, it is only this one, and there is
    > nothing special or different about this one.

    This?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273482

    http://www.google.com/search?q=ASP ...ox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLG

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 18, 2007

  3. IT Manager

    IT Manager Guest

    I have seen this article but does not apply to us. We are simply passing a
    date and a small string value in the ASP page. There are no forms to speak of.

    We have very similar ASP pages that work.

    IT Manager, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Time to start debugging it, then. Start removing stuff, a little at a time,
    until it no longer generates the error. That will tell you what part is
    doing it.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 19, 2007
  5. What does the page do?

    The only time I ever see this error is during development where I do
    something really silly like forget to put a MoveNext into a loop that
    processed a recordset and outputs data, so the same record is processed over
    and over until IIS can't cope with the amount of data in the response any
    more.

    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Jul 20, 2007
  6. IT Manager

    IT Manager Guest

    It opens a Crystal report using Server.CreateObject.

    We figured out the problem. The report contained a function that was over
    3000 lines long - that was the obstacle.

    Why IIS would throw this error is beyond me. The ASP page itself is no more
    than 5 KB in size - why should IIS care what's inside the Crystal report?

    IT Manager, Jul 21, 2007
  7. Possibly an error was being thrown which was then sending the content of the
    function, hence overloading the response buffer.

    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Jul 23, 2007