data structures please help which book ?

osp

hi to every one....
i just started out with c++ and i think i am
doing well.i use Robert Laffore to study. which book should i use for
data structures ? please help.

thank you
with regards

osp

utab

Start with Deitel "C++ How to program" with examples to better
understand.

I do not know any other, actually this gives a slightly light intro I
guess,

You can also check Schaums "Data Structures with C++" if you want many
more examples

Regards

mlimber

osp said:
hi to every one....
i just started out with c++ and i think i am
doing well.i use Robert Laffore to study. which book should i use for
data structures ? please help.

It depends. Do you want to learn how to create a stack, queue, linked
list, tree, etc.? Or do you want to know how to use the standard data
structures included in the C++ standard library?

If the former, I used _Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented
Programming_ by Heileman for C++ data structures, though I don't think
it's necessarily the best. Try consulting the ACCU book reviews on the
subject
(http://accu.org/index.php/book_revi...es&XARAYASID=c6f62261e982c1818215a7b7e1f9f924).

If the latter, get _Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo to learn from
the ground up the right way, and _The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial
and Reference_ by Josuttis for the definitive reference and a less
beginner-oriented tutorial.

Cheers! --M

mlimber

utab said:
Start with Deitel "C++ How to program" with examples to better
understand.

The ACCU does not like this book at all
(http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=view.xqy?review=cp003204).
In fact, their review says, "Do not buy this book, and if someone tries
to give you a copy decline, politely, then firmly. You will learn here
not so much what to do, as you will learn practices that you will spend
double the time learning to undo."

Stick with _Accelerated C++_.

Cheers! --M