  1. hzy_104

    hzy_104 Guest

    Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?
    hzy_104, Sep 3, 2004

  2. hzy_104

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "hzy_104" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?

    Your query is rather vague. Literally any data structure
    can be searched. What are you trying to do? The most
    recommended book on the C++ standard library (which
    offers a plethora of data structures and algorithms
    (including those for searching)) is:
    www.josuttis.com/libbook

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Sep 3, 2004

  3. "hzy_104" <> wrote in message
    > Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?

    If you want to use data structures for searching in a C++ program then
    follow Mike's advice.

    On the other hand if you want to learn the theory behind data structures for
    searching problems then I don't think you should restrict yourself to C++.
    The theory is the same whatever language the implementation is in. A good
    general book on algorithms and data structures is Introduction to Algorithms
    by Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest.

    john
    John Harrison, Sep 3, 2004