    DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    , Nov 23, 2007

  3. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
    > DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

    Firstly, turn off your CapsLock...

    Whatever you put in the QueryString will be displayed in the browser -
    that's just the way it works...

    You could encrypt the data...

    Does it *have* to be via a QueryString...? Can't you use the Session object
    instead...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Nov 23, 2007
  4. Steve Guest

    What about a plain old HTTP POST (vs GET)? Put the data in hidden form
    fields.

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 23, 2007
  5. "Steve" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
    >>> DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

    >> Firstly, turn off your CapsLock...
    >>
    >> Whatever you put in the QueryString will be displayed in the browser -
    >> that's just the way it works...
    >>
    >> You could encrypt the data...
    >>
    >> Does it *have* to be via a QueryString...? Can't you use the Session
    >> object instead...?

    > What about a plain old HTTP POST (vs GET)? Put the data in hidden form
    > fields.

    Sure - why not...? There are several ways in ASP.NET to pass data between
    pages without using a QueryString...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP