Data Type Mismatch

Matt

can anyone help with why this is returning a Data Type mismatch error?

dim strTestDate, strJobNumber

strTestDate = "3/8/2007"
strJobNumber = Request.QueryString("JobNumber")

strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=\
\CALSJ1\PMAPPS\Intranet\pmdata.mdb"
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblWJS_SuperInput WHERE JobNumber = '"&
strJobNumber &"' AND WeekEndingDate = '"& strTestDate &"' "

conn.Open strConnect
Set objRecordSet = conn.Execute(strSQL)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Matt said:
can anyone help with why this is returning a Data Type mismatch error?

dim strTestDate, strJobNumber

strTestDate = "3/8/2007"
strJobNumber = Request.QueryString("JobNumber")

strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=\
\CALSJ1\PMAPPS\Intranet\pmdata.mdb"

Nothing to do with your problem, but:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblWJS_SuperInput WHERE JobNumber = '"&
strJobNumber &"' AND WeekEndingDate = '"& strTestDate &"' "
Date literals need to be delimited with octamorphs (#) when composing
dynamic sql strings, not quotes. Quotes are used for strings only.

Further points to consider:
Your use of dynamic sql is leaving you vulnerable to hackers using sql
injection:

See here for a better, more secure way to execute your queries by using
parameter markers:

Personally, I prefer using stored procedures, or saved parameter queries
as
they are known in Access:

Access:
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&[email protected]