    language.)

    TIA!

    kynn

    kj, Aug 17, 2009

  2. kj

    jordilin Guest

    On 17 ago, 21:10, kj <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
    > scientific/statistical data.  (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in is
    > Mac OS X).
    >
    > The users of this package will be experimental biologists with
    > little programming experience (but currently learning Python).
    >
    > (I normally visualize data using R or Mathematica, but I don't want
    > to saddle these novices with the task of learning yet another
    > language.)
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > kynn

    Matplotlib is the one. There is Google Chart api which seems fairly
    easy to understand and use thanks to pygooglechart bindings.

    jordilin, Aug 17, 2009

  3. kj

    abalter Guest

    You might also look into the pythonxy superpackage, http://www.pythonxy.com/foreword.php
    and http://enthought.com.

    abalter, Aug 18, 2009
  4. Am 2009-08-17 21:10, schrieb kj:
    > I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
    > scientific/statistical data. (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in is
    > Mac OS X).
    >
    > The users of this package will be experimental biologists with
    > little programming experience (but currently learning Python).

    SciDAVis is a free application for Scientific Data Analysis and Visualization.

    http://scidavis.sourceforge.net/

    Veusz is a scientific plotting and graphing package written in Python.

    http://home.gna.org/veusz/

    Open source data visualization and analysis for novice and experts. Data mining
    through visual programming or Python scripting. Extensions for bioinformatics
    and text mining. Comprehensive, flexible and fast.

    http://www.ailab.si/orange/

    > (I normally visualize data using R or Mathematica, but I don't want
    > to saddle these novices with the task of learning yet another
    > language.)

    hth

    Herbert

    Weinhandl Herbert, Aug 18, 2009
  5. On Aug 17, 3:10 pm, kj <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
    > scientific/statistical data.  (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in is
    > Mac OS X).

    Please take a look at the amcharts embedding in WHIFF

    http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/amcharts/doc

    WHIFF is a collection of support services for WSGI
    applications which allows applications to be composed
    by "dropping" dynamic pages into container directories.

    http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W.intro

    thanks, -- Aaron Watters

    ===
    Sisyphus got ripped.