    Can I backup & restore my sql server database from aspx page located on a
    client machine ?
    Thank You.
    Tamer Ibrahim, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Sure you can .

    use BACKUP DATABASE sql statement..

    Just remember do not connect to the DB you want to back up. Connect to
    master DB

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Thank you for your reply.
    How can I implment this?

    Tamer Ibrahim, Mar 11, 2008
  4. I am afraid you cant. If you asking this :)

    George Ter-Saakov, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
    asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
    that can let him or her do the same task remotely?

    Tamer Ibrahim, Mar 11, 2008
  6. Tamer Ibrahim

    siccolo Guest

    On Mar 11, 10:53 am, "Tamer Ibrahim" <> wrote:
    > Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
    > asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
    > that can let him or her do the same task remotely?
    >
    > "George Ter-Saakov" <> wrote in message

    > >I am afraid you cant. If you asking this :)

    > > George.

    > > "Tamer Ibrahim" <> wrote in message
    > >> Thank you for your reply.
    > >> How can I implment this?

    > >> "George Ter-Saakov" <> wrote in message

    take a look at my article at
    http://www.siccolo.com/Articles/Cod...Web_Method/Web_Method_To_Backup_Database.html

    ... more at http://www.siccolo.com/articles.asp
    siccolo, Mar 11, 2008
  7. I am not sure what is your question? What exactly is your problem?
    "How do i write an application?" is not a question we can help with (except
    may be with the answer "hire a programmer")

    Can you make a web form that runs "UPDATE" or "SELECT" statement?

    If you can then just replace "UPDATE" with "BACKUP DATABASE" and change your
    connection string to connect to master database....

    If you can not then you will need to go to http://asp.net/learn/ and learn
    how to make a web form...

    George Ter-Saakov, Mar 11, 2008
  8. If I would hire a programmer, I will not hire such a rude person like you
    for sure.
    Don't help me again when I ask something else here.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Mar 11, 2008
  9. Sorry that I was rude. I just tried to be truthful.
    More painful, but usually works better and faster than half measures.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Mar 11, 2008
  10. Tamer Ibrahim

    Duy Lam Guest

    Tamer Ibrahim wrote:
    > Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
    > asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
    > that can let him or her do the same task remotely?
    >
    > "George Ter-Saakov" <> wrote in message
    >> I am afraid you cant. If you asking this :)
    >>
    >> George.
    >>

    >> "Tamer Ibrahim" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thank you for your reply.
    >>> How can I implment this?
    >>>
    >>> "George Ter-Saakov" <> wrote in message

    In simplicity, you just create a web form with a button and catch click
    event. Then in event handler method, you use classes like SqlConnection,
    SqlCommand to execute sql statement. Your done!

    --
    Thanks,
    Duy Lam Phuong
    Duy Lam, Mar 15, 2008