Database backup from a web browser

Tamer Ibrahim

Hi,
Can I backup & restore my sql server database from aspx page located on a
client machine ?
Thank You.

George Ter-Saakov

Sure you can .

use BACKUP DATABASE sql statement..

Just remember do not connect to the DB you want to back up. Connect to
master DB

George.

Tamer Ibrahim

Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
that can let him or her do the same task remotely?

George Ter-Saakov

I am not sure what is your question? What exactly is your problem?
"How do i write an application?" is not a question we can help with (except
may be with the answer "hire a programmer")

Can you make a web form that runs "UPDATE" or "SELECT" statement?

If you can then just replace "UPDATE" with "BACKUP DATABASE" and change your
connection string to connect to master database....

If you can not then you will need to go to http://asp.net/learn/ and learn
how to make a web form...

George.

msnews.microsoft.com

If I would hire a programmer, I will not hire such a rude person like you
for sure.
Don't help me again when I ask something else here.

George Ter-Saakov

Sorry that I was rude. I just tried to be truthful.
More painful, but usually works better and faster than half measures.

George.

Duy Lam

Tamer said:
Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
that can let him or her do the same task remotely?

In simplicity, you just create a web form with a button and catch click
event. Then in event handler method, you use classes like SqlConnection,
SqlCommand to execute sql statement. Your done!