    database using ASP. Is this also possible for ASP.NET? If yes, can you help
    me with the code?

    Mark

    M P, Aug 5, 2004

  2. M P

    joker Guest

    Well first some of theses newsgroup is for classic ASP none of that .net
    stuff (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db &
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general). Second Microsoft has added
    ODBC (aka DSN) to it's list of Deprecated Components for the MDAC. The
    list of Deprecated Components for the MDAC can be found at the following
    address.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

    This other link about classic ASP gives more info as to why you never
    should even consider a DSN connection in the first place.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

    joker, Aug 5, 2004

  3. M P

    Mark Rae Guest

    "M P" <> wrote in message
    > I am new to ASP.NET . I am currently using file dsn to locate my ms access
    > database using ASP. Is this also possible for ASP.NET? If yes, can you

    help
    > me with the code?

    I refer to this site quite a bit...
    http://www.able-consulting.com/dotnet/adonet/Data_Providers.htm

    Mark Rae, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Sure it's possible. It is also possible to ride to work on a tricycle.
    However, a car is much faster. And almost anything is faster at connecting
    to a database than a file DSN.

    Access is OLEDB-compliant. Why don't you use the System.Data.OleDb classes,
    and skip the ODBC stuff?

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer