Database Connection thru FileDSN

M P

I am new to ASP.NET . I am currently using file dsn to locate my ms access
database using ASP. Is this also possible for ASP.NET? If yes, can you help
me with the code?

Mark

joker

Well first some of theses newsgroup is for classic ASP none of that .net
stuff (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db &
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general). Second Microsoft has added
ODBC (aka DSN) to it's list of Deprecated Components for the MDAC. The
list of Deprecated Components for the MDAC can be found at the following
address.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

This other link about classic ASP gives more info as to why you never
should even consider a DSN connection in the first place.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

Kevin Spencer

Sure it's possible. It is also possible to ride to work on a tricycle.
However, a car is much faster. And almost anything is faster at connecting
to a database than a file DSN.

Access is OLEDB-compliant. Why don't you use the System.Data.OleDb classes,
and skip the ODBC stuff?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer