Database connectivity error

JonH

I am getting a HTTP 500.100 error when trying to log data to an MS Access Database through my ASP page. The error is below in full as is my ASP code.

**This ONLY happens for less than a minute after someone else has logged data through the ASP page, and doesn't happen every time, so I believe its possibly the way I am establishing connection or I'm not closing something correctly?*

Any ideas how to stop this error from happening because once this goes live lots of people will be using it and they won't want to wait a minute or so to hit refresh

Error

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following

Click the Refresh button, or try again later

Open the dilithium home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP erro
Internet Information Service

Technical Information (for support personnel

Error Type
Provider (0x80004005
Unspecified erro
/serverlog/insertrecord.asp, line 2

Browser Type
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Page
POST 81 bytes to /serverlog/insertrecord.as

POST Data
reason=ergreg&CompName=DILITHIUM&UName=Administrator&OS=Windows2000&action=Logoff

Time
Friday, April 23, 2004, 2:15:17 PM

ASP Code

<HTML><BODY><
'declare your variable

servername = Request.Form("CompName"
username = Request.Form("UName"
reasons = Request.Form("reason"
actiontype = Request.Form("action"
operatingsystem = Request.Form("OS"

dim connectio
dim sSQL,sConnStrin

'declare SQL statement that will query the databas

set connection = server.createobject ("adodb.connection"

sSQL="INSERT INTO Log (Username,reason,action,server) VALUES ('" & replace(username,"'","''") & "','" & replace(reasons,"'","''") & "','" & replace(actiontype,"'","''") & "','" & replace(servername,"'","''") & "')

'define the connection string, specify database
' driver and the location of databas

'Open the connection to the databas
connection.Open("DSN=changecontrol"

'execute the SQ
connection.execute(sSQL

'close the object and free up resource
Connection.Clos
Set Connection = Nothin
%><script language="Javascript"

if ("<%=operatingsystem%>" == "Windows2000"

if ("<%=actiontype%>" == "Logoff"

var obj = new ActiveXObject("LaunchinIE.Launch")
obj.LaunchApplication("c:\\shutdown\\shutdown.exe -l -f")

else if ("<%=actiontype%>" == "Shutdown"

var obj = new ActiveXObject("LaunchinIE.Launch")
obj.LaunchApplication("c:\\shutdown\\shutdown.exe -u -f")

else if ("<%=actiontype%>" == "Restart"

var obj = new ActiveXObject("LaunchinIE.Launch")
obj.LaunchApplication("c:\\shutdown\\shutdown.exe -r -f")

els

var obj = new ActiveXObject("LaunchinIE.Launch")
obj.LaunchApplication("logoff")

</script></BODY></HTML>