Database cursors in .NET 2003

Kenneth

Hi,

What was lacked in .NET 2002 was a database cursor that
did the same thing as in traditional ASP, i.e. .MoveFirst,
MoveNext and so on.

I've been reading articles and books where it's been said
that in a future version of ADO.NET there should come
these cursors that where you can move through a dataset
with .MoveNext and it's alike, not having to deal with the
index of the dataset.

Has tis been implemented in .NET 2003? And if, where can I
find it in MSDN?

/Kenneth

S. Justin Gengo

Kenneth,

Maybe someone from Microsoft will correct me, but I don't think it's been
implemented yet.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

There is no direct correlation, but you can use a DataReader in a manner
very similar to the Recordset object. You use Read() to get a record and
then manipulate the items in it. You Read() again to advance.