    Regards,

    Jim

    , Sep 23, 2006

  2. Stick a variable in the session when you first populate the page, and check
    it at each subsequent request.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    VISIT MY WEBSITE:
    http://www.johntimney.com

    John Timney \(MVP\), Sep 23, 2006

    This is the most obvious solution, however, I wanted to avoid Sessions
    due to scalability issues. Any other ideas?

    John Timney (MVP) wrote:
    > Stick a variable in the session when you first populate the page, and check
    > it at each subsequent request.

    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)
    > VISIT MY WEBSITE:
    > http://www.johntimney.com
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > I have an .aspx page that is populated controls with random data from a
    > > database. How can I avoid this data from being refreshed, (ie. new data
    > > being loaded), when a user hits the browser's refrsh button?
    > > !isPostback won't work since a control isn't posting back.
    > >
    > > Thank you for your time.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Jim

    , Sep 23, 2006
  4. Ypou can always just use a hidden field or a cookie and check it one each
    subsequent request. Neither of which consume server resources. I dont
    think one value in session will affect scalability at all, given its just a
    boolean flag or a single int and not a complex object you would be storing.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    VISIT MY WEBSITE: