Database data and refresh button

dejavue82

Hello!

I have an .aspx page that is populated controls with random data from a
database. How can I avoid this data from being refreshed, (ie. new data
being loaded), when a user hits the browser's refrsh button?
!isPostback won't work since a control isn't posting back.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jim

dejavue82

This is the most obvious solution, however, I wanted to avoid Sessions
due to scalability issues. Any other ideas?

John Timney \(MVP\)

Ypou can always just use a hidden field or a cookie and check it one each
subsequent request. Neither of which consume server resources. I dont
think one value in session will affect scalability at all, given its just a
boolean flag or a single int and not a complex object you would be storing.

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE: