database data to XML

Discussion in 'Java' started by anita, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. anita

    anita Guest

    I'm working on a site a part of which involves personalized data, which
    I'm sure has been done to death, just not by me!

    anyway, as I am going about designing this system, here is what I'm
    wondering about.

    database < ------converted to xml pages ---> into xml cache directory
    data

    xml files <------ transformed to html ---> html to browser

    What I am wondering about is this: when is the data from the database
    converted to xml typically ? It seems to me an offline batch process is
    probably the way to go.

    * What about xslt to html ? when is this typcally done ?

    I know I can do this all at runtime but its going to be dog slow, so
    I'd like to know what your solutions have been.

    * Is there anyway to get the databases itself to give me their data in
    xml ?

    * links to good web-sites for this kind of discussions. ?

    Can you please recommend some books with real-life design solutions or
    architectures. I've been reading about J2EE patterns, and I understand
    them, but I learn best by examples.
    Thankyou

    anita, Dec 16, 2005

  2. anita

    zero Guest

    "anita" <> wrote in news:1134711696.179960.19000
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > * Is there anyway to get the databases itself to give me their data in
    > xml ?

    Use an XML compliant database.

    --
    Beware the False Authority Syndrome