Database fields in a input form

Veronika

How can I specify formatting restrictions for special fields like Postal Code
(format X1X 2C2) or date input field MM/DD/YYYY?
I have Acces DB with these specs, but when I used FP2002 Database Interface
Wizard, it ignores these. Also I am unable to "edit" any of the records
utilizing pages generated by this wizard. There is an error that it will not
accept empty fields. I have no problem adding data (even if some fields are
empty) or deleting records.

Bob Lehmann

How can I specify formatting restrictions
You will have to do it in your ASP code.
when I used FP2002 Database Interface Wizard
uh-oh! You are unlikely to get any help with that here. Most of the people
here are of the type-it-yourself programming ilk. Not many of the
auto-amagical, push-button, do-it-for-me types hang out here.
I have Acces DB with these specs
Why don't you admit that you are seriously in over your head, and either
need to hire someone to do it for you, or get some training from someone who
is qualified to do these things?

I mean, geeze, it has never ocurred to me to attempt an appendectomy. So why
do you want to venture into doing things that you are clearly not qualified
to do?

Oh, I forgot! It's just a web page. It should be easy.

Bob Lehmann