database help requested ... works online, but not on local

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by BobTheBowler, May 9, 2007.

  1. BobTheBowler

    BobTheBowler Guest

    Hi

    I wrote a website about 8 years ago - http://www.ProBowkUK.co.uk
    It has an Access database of web links and a number of pages that
    show the different categories.
    ex: http://www.ProBowlUK.co.uk/pblOrgs.asp

    I may need to make a lot of changes to the website.

    Although these asp pages are working fine online, whenever I try to
    run them in my MS InterDev v6.0 (Microsoft's "Dreamweaver")
    the listings do not show up and an error is reported.

    here is the code ....

    ><%
    > urlPath = "c:/domains/ProBowlUK.co.uk/db/pbLinks.mdb"
    > mapFilePath = Server.MapPath("db/pbLinks.mdb")
    > fileDSN = " DBQ=" & mapFilePath
    > urlDSN = " DBQ=" & urlPath
    >
    > Set myConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    > myConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & urlDSN & ";"
    >
    > sql_Query = "SELECT * FROM pblLinks WHERE pblCat='Org' ORDER BY pblName"
    > set rs = myConn.Execute(sql_Query)
    > WHILE NOT rs.EOF
    >%>
    >
    ><%
    > rs.MoveNext
    > WEND
    >%>

    This is what is appearing in the first field ... ');"

    obviously it involves the quotes, but why would it work online and
    not on InterDev ?

    as I said, did this 8 years ago and have forgotten how the DB was
    set up

    best regards

    BobTheBowler, May 9, 2007

  2. BobTheBowler wrote:
    > Hi

    Please don't multipost. I've already replied to this question over at
    ..asp.db. If you feel you must direct your question at multiple
    newsgroups*, then post one single message to the desired groups by
    putting the group names into the To list (aka crosspost)

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 9, 2007