database help requested ... works online, but not on local

BobTheBowler

Hi

I wrote a website about 8 years ago - http://www.ProBowkUK.co.uk
It has an Access database of web links and a number of pages that
show the different categories.
ex: http://www.ProBowlUK.co.uk/pblOrgs.asp

I may need to make a lot of changes to the website.

Although these asp pages are working fine online, whenever I try to
run them in my MS InterDev v6.0 (Microsoft's "Dreamweaver")
the listings do not show up and an error is reported.

here is the code ....
<%
urlPath = "c:/domains/ProBowlUK.co.uk/db/pbLinks.mdb"
mapFilePath = Server.MapPath("db/pbLinks.mdb")
fileDSN = " DBQ=" & mapFilePath
urlDSN = " DBQ=" & urlPath

Set myConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
myConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & urlDSN & ";"

sql_Query = "SELECT * FROM pblLinks WHERE pblCat='Org' ORDER BY pblName"
set rs = myConn.Execute(sql_Query)
WHILE NOT rs.EOF
%>

<%
rs.MoveNext
WEND
%>

This is what is appearing in the first field ... ');"

obviously it involves the quotes, but why would it work online and
not on InterDev ?

as I said, did this 8 years ago and have forgotten how the DB was
set up

best regards

Bob Barrows [MVP]

BobTheBowler said:

Please don't multipost. I've already replied to this question over at
..asp.db. If you feel you must direct your question at multiple
newsgroups*, then post one single message to the desired groups by
putting the group names into the To list (aka crosspost)