database in .Net which lists all countries, cities

Guest

Is there a database in .Net which lists all countries, cities,
addresses, etc.
(first browse and select from avavilable countries, then once specified, all
available cities in this country can be browsed (dropdown) and finally the
roads.
if it is have. let me know that methods name.

Regards,
bhavik

Juan T. Llibre

MapPoint ?
It's not .NET, though.

You aren't really asking for a lot, are you ?

Countries should be easy.

Cities ( if you want all of them ) will strain you,
and will take a good-sized research team.

Roads would take an army of developers, researchers
and countless millions of dollars.

Karl Seguin

Bhavik:
I believe you have asked this a couple times and if I remember from your
I haven't answered because I was hoping someone might provide more help
than I can, but take a look at http://www.salcentral.com/Search.aspx and
search for "country" You should see some helpful result. I noticed that
there was one for "GetAllMajorCityByCountryName" from a weather
service....might be useful...

Karl

Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
surely u are asking for lot dude .. u can either compile the data from geobytes which is free or can download the weblocations database from salpure
But you wont get all what you are looking for in one db..