Database insert taking a long time and causing 500 error

palak123i

Hi,

My requirement is as follows:

Server: Websphere
Framework: Struts

A user will upload excel file. Excel file will have several rows. For
each row, I need to insert one row in oracle database table. And
finally success message is to be shown to the user.

I read the excel file in action class and call a oracle procedure to
insert the records to database.

The issue is that when the size of excel file is large (containing
several records), it is taking a long time to complete insertion and
it shows Internal Server 500 error on the browser. Passing small set
of records to procedure is also not helping.

I think since there is no response from the app server to the client,
this error is coming. Can anybody suggest how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Palak

steve

[...]

yes using my telepathic abilities , i can imagine your code.

I have worked out a solution and am now transferring it back to you
telepathically.

If you do not receive the solution then logically it is your problem as i am
clearly sending from my end.

Steve