database installation for MCSD training

2

2obvious

I'm using the MCAD/MCSD self-paced training kit to study for .Net
certification. However, I'm stuck in chapter 5, because my best
attempt at installing the example Contacts database leaves me with no
user-defined tables. I have successfully established a connection, but
when I go to expand the tables icon, there are no tables. Checking out
the database setup in my instance of SQL Server, I see that the
database only contains SYSTEM tables.

In my repeated efforts at reinstalling this database, I believe I'm
seeing the word "Incorrect" repeatedly in the command window, but that
window closes too fast for me to retain any details.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Or does anyone have an idea
of what might cause this? Does anyone know how to make the command
window stay open? Anything?

peter.aghl

2obvious said:
In my repeated efforts at reinstalling this database, I believe I'm
seeing the word "Incorrect" repeatedly in the command window, but that
window closes too fast for me to retain any details.
Running a bat or cmd file?
Add a pause command at the end of the file
The window will not close until you tap a key

Otherwise choose run -> cmd and go the folder where the bat/cmd file is
located
Run the file from the command prompt

- Peter