    host and database on another), and are there any pitfalls to avoid?

    TIA,
    JJ
    jj, Jan 9, 2009

  2. jj

    jj Guest

    Thanks Mark,

    On the secure connection subject:
    [By secure I presume you mean a SSL/IPsec connection (or similar) between
    database server and web server]

    In that case, should all database connections be 'secure'?
    I ask because I suspect that some hosts have their database servers in
    different data centres to their web servers and so traffic would be passed
    over the internet in some circumstances even when using the same host(?)
    If the database is on the same server I presume a 'normal' (non ssl/ipsec)
    connection would suffice?

    Thanks JJ

    jj, Jan 9, 2009