Database on different host to website

jj

I am updating a website that currently uses sql 2000. The client wants me to
use the same host, but I ideally need to use sql 2005/8 for the new design
which this host does not have.

Is it ok to use a database on a different host (i.e. aspx website on one
host and database on another), and are there any pitfalls to avoid?

TIA,
JJ

jj

Thanks Mark,

On the secure connection subject:
[By secure I presume you mean a SSL/IPsec connection (or similar) between
database server and web server]

In that case, should all database connections be 'secure'?
I ask because I suspect that some hosts have their database servers in
different data centres to their web servers and so traffic would be passed
over the internet in some circumstances even when using the same host(?)
If the database is on the same server I presume a 'normal' (non ssl/ipsec)
connection would suffice?

Thanks JJ