Database records filtering

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?YXNhZA==?=, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Hello, i want to filter my records in ASP.NET pls tell me how can i do it
    thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?YXNhZA==?=, Apr 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YXNhZA==?=

    Guest

    , Apr 21, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YXNhZA==?=

    Jeebu Guest

    hi,
    u can use the dataview filter property for filtering.
    suppose ds is the name of the dataset.
    create a view
    dataview dv;
    dv=ds.tables[0].defaultView;
    dv.RowFilter="Name='joan'";
    if u want to sort
    dv.sort="Name ASC";

    grid.datasource=dv;
    grid.databind()

    cheers
    jeebu
    Jeebu, Apr 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YXNhZA==?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    You can either build a where clause into your SQL or you use the DataView
    (by setting the RowFilter property) on a DataTable when loading data into
    a DataSet. Otherwise you're on your own if you use some other data storage
    mechanism.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen