    and DataControls packages)

    --
    bromden[at]gazeta.pl
    bromden, Oct 24, 2003

  2. bromden

    John J. Lee Guest

    bromden <> writes:

    > Are there any free Python database widgets which provide a link
    > between a database and visual controls?
    > (like those of org.netbeans.lib.sql and org.netbeans.lib.sql.models
    > Java packages or Delphi's DataAccess and DataControls packages)

    Not quite a Python question, but certainly Qt / PyQt has various DB
    widgets (Qt 3, not Qt 2). No doubt other toolkits do too.

    John
    John J. Lee, Oct 25, 2003

    John J. Lee wrote:
    > Not quite a Python question, but certainly Qt / PyQt has various DB
    > widgets (Qt 3, not Qt 2). No doubt other toolkits do too.

    But these widgets probably don't bind to Python database drivers.

    Daniel
    Daniel Dittmar, Oct 25, 2003
  4. bromden

    Ken Godee Guest

    Daniel Dittmar wrote:
    > > bromden <> writes:
    > >

    > >>Are there any free Python database widgets which provide a link
    > >>between a database and visual controls?
    > >>(like those of org.netbeans.lib.sql and org.netbeans.lib.sql.models
    > >>Java packages or Delphi's DataAccess and DataControls packages)

    > John J. Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Not quite a Python question, but certainly Qt / PyQt has various DB
    >> widgets (Qt 3, not Qt 2). No doubt other toolkits do too.

    > But these widgets probably don't bind to Python database drivers.
    >
    > Daniel

    Hmmm...
    With PyQt you do not use any "Python database drivers", the PyQt
    database widgets are "data aware widgets", you simply load the correct
    Qt/PyQt database driver for your database, write your python code
    calling any of the PyQt data aware widgets. Really pretty cool, simple
    and works good.
    Ken Godee, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Ken Godee wrote:
    > With PyQt you do not use any "Python database drivers", the PyQt
    > database widgets are "data aware widgets", you simply load the correct
    > Qt/PyQt database driver for your database, write your python code
    > calling any of the PyQt data aware widgets. Really pretty cool, simple
    > and works good.

    What I meant: when this guy asks in a Python newsgroup about data aware
    widgets, chances are that he wants his program to do more with the
    database than just use the widgets. And the database interface of Qt was
    rather limited last time I looked and it may not support a certain database.

    Daniel
    Daniel Dittmar, Oct 25, 2003
  6. bromden

    bromden Guest

    sorry for not being precise,
    what i meant was libraries i could use with wxPython

    --
    bromden[at]gazeta.pl
    bromden, Oct 26, 2003