database widgets

bromden

Are there any free Python database widgets which provide a link
between a database and visual controls?
(like those of org.netbeans.lib.sql and
org.netbeans.lib.sql.models Java packages or Delphi's DataAccess
and DataControls packages)

John J. Lee

bromden said:
Are there any free Python database widgets which provide a link
between a database and visual controls?
(like those of org.netbeans.lib.sql and org.netbeans.lib.sql.models
Java packages or Delphi's DataAccess and DataControls packages)

Not quite a Python question, but certainly Qt / PyQt has various DB
widgets (Qt 3, not Qt 2). No doubt other toolkits do too.

John

Ken Godee

Daniel said:
But these widgets probably don't bind to Python database drivers.

Daniel
Hmmm...
With PyQt you do not use any "Python database drivers", the PyQt
database widgets are "data aware widgets", you simply load the correct
Qt/PyQt database driver for your database, write your python code
calling any of the PyQt data aware widgets. Really pretty cool, simple
and works good.

Daniel Dittmar

Ken said:
With PyQt you do not use any "Python database drivers", the PyQt
database widgets are "data aware widgets", you simply load the correct
Qt/PyQt database driver for your database, write your python code
calling any of the PyQt data aware widgets. Really pretty cool, simple
and works good.

What I meant: when this guy asks in a Python newsgroup about data aware
widgets, chances are that he wants his program to do more with the
database than just use the widgets. And the database interface of Qt was
rather limited last time I looked and it may not support a certain database.

Daniel