    how to do it and where to get help.
    thank you in advance,
    vishnu

    vishnu mahendra, Aug 3, 2003

  2. vishnu mahendra

    Malcolm Guest

    "vishnu mahendra" <> wrote in message

    > i am interested in coding a simple database in c. can any one tell me
    > how to do it and where to get help.
    > thank you in advance,

    It depends what you mean by simple. Products like Oracle take thousands of
    programmer hours and millions of dollars to develop.

    On the other hand by writing a series of structures to disk you have the
    rudiments of a simple database which may well be all you require for your
    application.

    Maybe if you specified a bit more closely how much C you know, and what you
    want to achieve?

    Malcolm, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Emmanuel Delahaye wrote:

    > In 'comp.lang.c', (vishnu mahendra) wrote:
    >
    > > i am interested in coding a simple database in c. can any one tell me
    > > how to do it and where to get help.

    > Well, a database is all but simple. You can try to fiddle with the basic FILE

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    "anything but simple"

    In English, "anything" and "all" do not have the same meaning, any more
    than "tout" and "quelque chose" mean the same thing.

    --
    Julian V. Noble
    Professor Emeritus of Physics

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/~jvn/

    "Science knows only one commandment: contribute to science."
    -- Bertolt Brecht, "Galileo".

    Julian V. Noble, Aug 3, 2003
  4. In 'comp.lang.c', "Julian V. Noble" <> wrote:

    >> Well, a database is all but simple. You can try to fiddle with the
    >> basic FILE

    > "anything but simple"
    >
    > In English, "anything" and "all" do not have the same meaning, any more
    > than "tout" and "quelque chose" mean the same thing.

    Thanks!

    --
    -ed- [remove YOURBRA before answering me]
    <blank line>

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Aug 3, 2003