Col1 - bound column
Col2 - template column

Datagrid1_OnItemDataBound
datagrid2 - create new datagrid
col1 - template column
create new label
.text - need to bind data
.tooltip - need to bind data

I can display the data from the existing dataset using a dataview and
rowfilter and setting the DataField property (if I use a boundcolumn instead
of the templatecolumn)

What I am missing is the expression to bind the data to specific properties
of the label control. Typically I would use Databinder.Eval(Container,
"DataItem.FIELDNAME"), but I have no Container (I understand this must be
the DatagridItem (Row) object) as it doesn't exist yet. What are my
options? I will forward my Datagrid1_OnItemDataBound sub to anyone via
email should you want to see it.

Thanks,

Thomas