Databind of large SqlDataReader to dropdown hangs when firewall enabled

yanky

I have several dropdowns that I call a function and return a
SqlDataReader and then databind() to that dropdown. There is a large
one(37,000) that is causes my firewall software to just hang. If I
disable my firewall, the dropdown does get filled with the 37,000+
records?!?!? I have been working with my firewall provider, but would
like to know if anyone else has had this issue?

thanks,
yanky

yanky

I have more info. I played with the size of the sqldatareader and
found that if I brought back more than 13,875 records to bind to that
datagrid, the firewall would hang that web page. I set my select
statement to 'select top 13875' and it works fine. As soon as I go
over that, the firewall exe 99%s.

Does anyone have a fix to how or why size matters?
yanky