Databinding to a textbox inside a repeater

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Guest, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    I have a textbox inside a repeater and want to bind data
    to the textbox using a method.
    My html is:
    <asp:TextBox ID="OriginalTextBox" ReadOnly="True"
    Width="220px" Height="120px" Text='<%# GetOriginalText() %
    >' Runat="server" />

    and in C# my method GetOriginalText() is:

    public String GetOriginalText()
    {
    Webtest.TranslationDB translationDetails = new
    Webtest.TranslationDB();

    DataSet ds=new DataSet();
    OleDbDataAdapter oda=new OleDbDataAdapter();
    oda=translationDetails.GetTextTranslation
    (myTaskName,myOriginalLanguage);
    oda.Fill(ds,"trans");
    return ds.ToString();
    }

    What I get in the textbox is:
    System.Data.DataSet

    I've tried returning the DataSet as well from
    GetOriginalText() but that doesn't work.
    What should I be returning in the method?

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Dec 18, 2003