Databindings and XML - Binding Text between XML Tags instead of XMLTag Atrribute Information

theintrepidfox

Dear Group

I wonder if I do something wrong and whether this is possible at all.
Any hint is greatly appreciated.

I have a XML file bound to a Treeview. The treenodes Text/Value
properties bind and populate fine if I set them to an attribute of the
XML tag. What I would like to do however is setting my nodes text and
value property to text that is between the XML tags. Example:

<products>
<article value="1" text="Washing Powder">
<description text="Super Whitewash">
Super Whitewash is ideal and a 'must have' for some
Government departments..
</description>
</article>
<article value="2" text="Butter">
<description text="Extra Salted Butter">
Our Extra Salted Butter is guaranteed to send your
blood pressure through the roof...
</description>
</article>
</products>

I tried to include 'Super Whitewash is ideal..' as an attribute in the
description tag. But that doesn't allow me to to a line break e.g.
If I include the line break, <br />, between the description tags, all
I can see is a list of <br /> if I put several paragraphs in but none
of the actual text.

Any help and hint is very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Martin