Databindings and XML - Binding Text between XML Tags instead of XMLTag Atrribute Information

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by theintrepidfox, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. Dear Group

    I wonder if I do something wrong and whether this is possible at all.
    Any hint is greatly appreciated.

    I have a XML file bound to a Treeview. The treenodes Text/Value
    properties bind and populate fine if I set them to an attribute of
    the
    XML tag. What I would like to do however is setting my nodes text and
    value property to text that is between the XML tags. Example:

    <products>
    <article value="1" text="Washing Powder">
    <description text="Super Whitewash">
    Super Whitewash is ideal and a 'must have' for some
    Government departments..
    </description>
    </article>
    <article value="2" text="Butter">
    <description text="Extra Salted Butter">
    Our Extra Salted Butter is guaranteed to send your
    blood pressure through the roof...
    </description>
    </article>
    </products>

    I tried to include 'Super Whitewash is ideal..' as an attribute in
    the
    description tag. But that doesn't allow me to to a line break e.g.
    If I include the line break, <br />, between the description tags,
    all
    I can see is a list of <br /> if I put several paragraphs in but none
    of the actual text.

    Any help and hint is very appreciated.

    Thank you for your time and effort,

    Martin