Databound controls do not work when published to a production serv

Dave Stewart

I have two projects I am attempting to publish to a production environment.
When I run the project and\or pages they run fine on my development
machine(the pc with vs.net that the app\pages were written on). When I copy
the project to a production IIS web server, the pages load properly on the
first load for each page. I have multiple list boxes that are databound
programatically on the page load event.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

If Not Me.IsPostBack Then
LoadStores()
LoadListBoxes()
End If

End Sub

On any postback event when run from the production server, the list boxes
are cleared out and the app is useless. Why are these clearing out in
production, but not on my dev pc?

If I load the listboxes on every postback, I lose the user selection prior
to postback.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave said:
I have two projects I am attempting to publish to a production
environment. When I run the project and\or pages they run fine on my
development machine(the pc with vs.net that the app\pages were

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest