    I have an UpdateDB() ASP function. Can that be kicked off by an event
    when the user finishes typing into a asp:textbox, for example, so the
    data is saved before a refresh?

    Dave, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Dave

    bruce barker Guest

    location.replace does not postback data. you can append the values to
    the on the requested page, use querystring to get the values

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 15, 2007

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks. The only problem with using a querystring in this case is
    that one of the fields is for 'notes' that can be up to 255
    characters. I guess that can be put into the querystring. I will go
    ahead and start on that, but is there any other option?

    In case this helps I'm using a flash object for uploading files called
    'flash uploader'. After the upload, I make the page refresh
    (location.replace) in order to show the uploaded files. This is when
    the text in the other controls disappears. Maybe there is a way to
    put the updateDB() function into the cs code but I haven't figured it
    out.

    Dave, Jun 15, 2007