Databound controls - Refresh

Dave

I only do ASP part time so this is a beginner question. I will
attempt to make this a starightforward question...

Is there any technique to keep values a user types into databound
controls after a page refresh (or in this case a
window.location.replace(...))?

I have an UpdateDB() ASP function. Can that be kicked off by an event
when the user finishes typing into a asp:textbox, for example, so the
data is saved before a refresh?

bruce barker

location.replace does not postback data. you can append the values to
the on the requested page, use querystring to get the values

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Dave

Thanks. The only problem with using a querystring in this case is
that one of the fields is for 'notes' that can be up to 255
characters. I guess that can be put into the querystring. I will go
ahead and start on that, but is there any other option?

In case this helps I'm using a flash object for uploading files called
'flash uploader'. After the upload, I make the page refresh
(location.replace) in order to show the uploaded files. This is when
the text in the other controls disappears. Maybe there is a way to
put the updateDB() function into the cs code but I haven't figured it
out.