    datagrid and update the dataset from these?
    Can anybody help please?
    Thanks

    steroche, Aug 24, 2005

  2. "steroche" wrote:

    > I am trying to perform an update of a databound datagrid. I just cant
    > figue out how to update the rows

    There are many ways. One simple way is to use a primary key on the table.
    When you bind the DataTable to the grid you specify a DataKeyField. Then in
    the method that updates your data you find the rows in the table by using
    that DataKey. I have an example on this link that does that:
    http://www.societopia.net/samples/datagrid_3.aspx

    This example also demonstrates how to highlight a selected row on a grid
    while displaying the details of that row in another grid (which also answers
    the question that you posted in another thread)

    HTH,
    Phillip Williams
    http://www.societopia.net
    http://www.webswapp.com