DataBoundColumn in datagrid DataFormatString is not working, why?

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I have a datagrid. In my datagrid I have a DataBoundColumn with the
property DataFormatString set to "{0:F2}" so it should format the content of
the cell to a floating number with 2 digits. It does not work, at the moment
it always puts 4 digits (which is the same as before I put the format). What
could be the cause?

Here is the code for the column... it displays the good data, only not in
the good format:

<asp:BoundColumn DataFormatString="{0:F2}" DataField="Total"
HeaderText="Montant" />

Thanks

ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

Hi,
Does anyone know what could be the problem or solution to this? Do you need
more code? could it be in the Datagrid definition?

Thanks

ThunderMusic

Edwin Knoppert

htmlencoding off!

ThunderMusic said:
Hi,
Does anyone know what could be the problem or solution to this? Do you
need more code? could it be in the Datagrid definition?

Thanks

ThunderMusic

ThunderMusic

ok, and where can I find this htmlencoding? because when I try to use it, it
tells me that asp:Databoundcolumn does not support this property.

Thanks

ThunderMusic

oups, sorry, Asp:BoundColumn (not asp:databoundcolumn)... Well, it doesn't
work anyway... ;) I mean, vs 2003 does not recognize the property...

thanks