DataGrid and footer control validation

Sebastian

Hi,

I have datagrid. In its footer there is editbox to add new item.
All is cool. Datagrids 'Delete' button has CausesValidation set to false and
all is great.
But the problem is in 'Process' page button. ('Process' button saves all
data on the page to database).
When I click 'Process' button datagrids footer textbox are being validated
and becouse they are empty error message pops up.
I don't want to set CausesValidation to false for 'Process' button becouse
I have to check date textbox and other stuff.
How do disable datagirds footer validation on 'Process' click?

Sebastian

Peter Blum

Since DataGrids have a bug that outputs unnecessary javascript from controls
that are hidden by ShowFooter=false or ShowHeader=false, it may be useful to
set the Visible property to false on the validator when setting
ShowFooter=false.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)