Datagrid and Hyperlinks,,,

Steve Randall

I have a bound datagrid in which I want the first column
to be a hyperlink column. The column value is in my
dataset used to populate the grid and is called "Student
ID" which I specify in the "Text field" property of the
hyperlink column (that I manually add).

This all works fine except the Student ID column which is
in my dataset appears TWICE, once as the hyperlink column
and once as the dataset column. How can I allow the
hyperlinked "Student ID" column and hide the
bound "Student ID" column? I have tried the .Visible
property but it only returns 0 (zero) as the number of
columns after the BindData() even though the grid contains
4 columns.

Many thanks.
Steve

Jos Branders

Steve Randall said:
I have a bound datagrid in which I want the first column
to be a hyperlink column. The column value is in my
dataset used to populate the grid and is called "Student
ID" which I specify in the "Text field" property of the
hyperlink column (that I manually add).

This all works fine except the Student ID column which is
in my dataset appears TWICE, once as the hyperlink column
and once as the dataset column. How can I allow the
hyperlinked "Student ID" column and hide the
bound "Student ID" column? I have tried the .Visible
property but it only returns 0 (zero) as the number of
columns after the BindData() even though the grid contains
4 columns.

Many thanks.
Steve

Set AutoGenerateColumns=False on the DataGrid.
Then add all your columns as BoundColumn, except the Student ID column.