DataGrid and Paging.

mjcast

I am working on a web page, and I have to use paging on my datagrids. How do
I implement paging on the datagrid so that the paging works with just one
click and I do not have to reload my data. The datagrid already has data in
it, it just doesnt make sense to me to have to reload it.

I am overriding this method
private void a_participantGroupDg_PageIndexChanged(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e)
{
a_participantGroupDg.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;

}
but if i do this the paging is not applied till the next postback. Is there
a way to do this without reloading my datasource and rebinding the control?

thanks in advance

Michael Baltic

The short answer is no.

Infragistics has built in support for you to store all of the rows in the
ViewState of their webgrid control. The asp webgrid does not have this
feature implemented.

The .net 2.0 gridview control does have this feature.

It is not trivial to extend the asp webgrid to include this feature. Search
google for alternate options to the Infragistics or ComponentOne grids.