    target type.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Karahan Celikel, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Hi Karahan,

    When binding the data grid to an array list the binding mechanism looks for
    the type of the first item in the list and uses the property descriptors
    collection for that type. If the controls in the array list are various
    types, an ¡°Object does not match target type.¡± error will be thrown out.

    You may check the following link for more information.

    Databind ArrayList to DataGrid
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=eJwevg%
    23gCHA.2108%40tkmsftngp12&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DDatagrid%2BBinding%2BErr
    or%2B%2522Object%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bmatch%2Btarget%2Btype%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D
    %26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3DeJwevg%2523gCHA.2108%2540tkmsftngp12%26r
    num%3D3>

    To walk around this, you may add these controls programmatically form code
    in DataGrid.ItemCreated event. Here is a code snippet. You may modify it to
    meet your requirements.

    private void DataGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender,
    if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Header)
    {
    e.Item.Cells [0].Controls .Add (new Button());
    }
    else if(e.Item.ItemIndex == 2)
    {
    e.Item.Cells [2].Controls.Add(new DropDownList());
    }
    else if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item)
    {
    e.Item.Cells [1].Controls.Add(new TextBox ());

    Check the below link for more information.

    DataGrid.ItemCreated Event
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html
    /frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolsdatagridclassitemcreatedtopic.asp>

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Lewis

    Lewis Wang [MSFT], Aug 20, 2003