DataGrid Binding from Business Object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by MikeD, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. MikeD

    MikeD Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to update my knowledge od ASP from the Classic version the this
    new fangled .NET version. So far I like it!

    I'm trying to split my application up into an 'n-tier' solution by putting
    data requests and business logic into separate files from the GUI's but am
    having difficulty linking a DataGrid back to a SQL database via a business
    object.

    In truth I have actually amanged it, but by using a DataReader which isn't
    suitable for paging. Apparently I should be using a DataSet (which I guess
    implies a DataAdapter) but I don't know how to do this.

    What I have done so far is create a page with a DataGrid and a reference to
    my object. I pass the name of a table to my object and it returns all
    records from that table in the form of a DataReader. How do I go through the
    same process but have the data returned in a DataSet?

    Any thoughts appreciated.

    <M>ike
    MikeD, Dec 3, 2003