DataGrid Binding from Business Object

MikeD

Hello,

I'm trying to update my knowledge od ASP from the Classic version the this
new fangled .NET version. So far I like it!

I'm trying to split my application up into an 'n-tier' solution by putting
data requests and business logic into separate files from the GUI's but am
having difficulty linking a DataGrid back to a SQL database via a business
object.

In truth I have actually amanged it, but by using a DataReader which isn't
suitable for paging. Apparently I should be using a DataSet (which I guess
implies a DataAdapter) but I don't know how to do this.

What I have done so far is create a page with a DataGrid and a reference to
my object. I pass the name of a table to my object and it returns all
records from that table in the form of a DataReader. How do I go through the
same process but have the data returned in a DataSet?

Any thoughts appreciated.

<M>ike