DataGrid BoundColumns and ViewState - A Question

New Bee

I understand that viewstate is not saved for bound columns, so although I
can add my bound columns in the Init event, Im not sure how I get retreive
the posted back information. Let me explain more clearly.

If I have a column which is added programatically and bound to the data then
displayed in edit mode on the webform, I have a value of lets say '22' in
the textbox control which is displayed in the cell.

I hit the update link but when the update event fires, how in heavens name
am I supposed to retreive the values displayed at postback ??

Thanks

Sam

You can try to get it from e.Item of the DataGridItemEventArgs of the edit
event

Sam