DataGrid ButtonColumn Framework corrupt

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Andrew, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I know my NET Framework is corrupt. The event ItemCommand fires on my laptop
    using the NET Framework and on a remote computer. But, I can not get the
    event to fire on my local computer.

    Event: DataGrid1_ItemCommand fires (works)
    <asp:DataGrid>
    <asp:ButtonColumn Text="Select" CommandName="Select"
    ButtonType="PushButton"></asp:ButtonColumn>
    </asp:DataGrid>

    I am subscribing to the Event DataGrid1_ItemCommand but it does not Fire for
    the LinkButton. It fires every time for a PushButton, but nothing happens
    when I change the PushButton to a LinkButton.

    FAILS TO FIRE: DataGrid1_ItemCommand (fails)
    <asp:DataGrid>
    <asp:ButtonColumn Text="TestButton" CommandName="TestButton"
    ButtonType="LinkButton"></asp:ButtonColumn>
    </asp:DataGrid>

    I have read and followed each step in the KB article, but I still have the
    problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643

    I have tried to repair the Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0. I have uninstalled
    the Framework 1.1 and used Framework 2.0. I uninstalled Framework 2.0 and
    used Framework 1.1. I have tried it in VS 2003 and VS2005. The LinkButton
    (ButtonType) will not fire any events.

    Can anyone help me? Thanks
    Andrew
    Andrew, Jul 4, 2006