Datagrid, CSS and IE don't work

tshad

Trying to get a Datagrid to format correctly to work on multiple browsers is
nuts

I have the following partial datagrid:

<asp:DataGrid
Visible=true
AllowSorting="false"
AutoGenerateColumns="false"
CellPadding="0"
CellSpacing="0"
ID="SubmissionsGrid"
BorderStyle="None"
Border="0"
runat="server"
ShowFooter="false"
ShowHeader="true"
OnSortCommand="SortDataGrid"
style="padding-right:5px; width:851px; border=0
<headerstyle Font-Bold="true" Font-Underline="true"/>
<alternatingitemstyle CssClass="alternateRows" />
<footerstyle BackColor="#E8EBFD" ForeColor="#3D3DB6" Font-Bold="true"
/>

In IE, no border (but rules=all, for some reason), no underline for the text
(even though I have it set in the headerstyle). It shows both border=0 and
border=1. I tried settting the border to 0 in the Datagrid tag and style.

In Mozilla, I get an inside border (rules=all) and no surrounding border.
It does underline the header, however.

How do I get IE to underline the header? and get Mozilla not to show the
rules.

This doesn't even getting into the different space between both the
browsers.

Thanks,

Tom

JAkob

In Mozilla, I get an inside border (rules=all) and no surrounding border.
It does underline the header, however.

How do I get IE to underline the header? and get Mozilla not to show the
rules.

put this in your css:

table {
border-collapse: separate;