DataGrid custom item/row formatting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Donal McWeeney, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    Is the following possible with the datagrid - important point is that it all
    needs to be done programatically - and secondly is that would it be easier
    to do with just custom code and the htmltextwriter.

    Basically I have a table of data - the source of the datagrid.

    I was to be able to display each row in a custom format - across multiple
    table rows - for eample like a business card or drivers license.

    On some of the rows I want to add a couple of edit controls, eg textbox and
    button, and have those fire an event back in the server side code that will
    result in an update being made to a db.

    All programatically

    A pointer to a good online example that does this programatically would be
    much appreciated!

    Would DataList be a better control to use?

    Thanks

    Donal

    Donal McWeeney, Sep 24, 2003