DataGrid DataGridCommandEventArgs

Jim Whipkey

I am using an edit, update cancel button in a datagrid.

When the user clicks edit all the columns in that row
appear as textboxes as they should.

The user changes the contents of one of these boxes.

Private Sub DataGrid2_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As
System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)
Handles DataGrid2.UpdateCommand
Dim tbX As TextBox = CType(e.Item.Cells(5).Controls
(0), TextBox)
DataSet11.ATEducation(e.Item.ItemIndex)("School")
= tbX.Text

Jim Whipkey

I am using an edit, update cancel button in a datagrid.

When the user clicks edit all the columns in that row
appear as textboxes as they should.

The user changes the contents of one of these boxes.

Private Sub DataGrid2_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As
System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)
Handles DataGrid2.UpdateCommand
Dim tbX As TextBox = CType(e.Item.Cells (5).Controls
(0), TextBox)
DataSet11.ATEducation(e.Item.ItemIndex)("School")
= tbX.Text

.

Sorry, this got away from me prematurely. See next posting
for complete description of the problem.