DataGrid - Delete Command Event Handler

Jim McGivney

I am using a Microsoft Book as a guide and trying to construct a Delete
Command Event Handler for a DataGrid.

The book lists the statement:

PublisherDataSet1.publishers.Rows.(e.Item.ItemIndex).Delete();

I try to follow the example. My code is:

private void DataGrid1_DeleteCommand(object source,

DataSet3.Ante.Rows.Item(e.Item.ItemIndex).Delete();

sqlDataAdapter1.Update(dataSet31);

DataGrid1.DataSource=dataSet31.Ante.DefaultView;

DataGrid1.EditItemIndex=-1;

DataGrid1.DataBind();

}

When I Build, I get the error message: System.Data.DataRowCollection does
not contain a definition for 'Item"

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated

Thanks,

Jim

Guest

Hi Jim,

in C#, it should be

dataset.Tables[table_name].Rows.Item[e.Item.ItemIndex].Delete();

or

dataset.Tables[table_index].Rows.Item[e.Item.ItemIndex].Delete();

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Jim McGivney

Elton:
I tried as you suggested:
dataSet31.Tables["ante"].Rows.Item(e.Item.ItemIndex).Delete();
I still got the same error message:
System.Data.DataRowCollection does not contain a definition for 'Item"
Any ideas ?
Jim