    This code worked before the move to 1.1

    Any ideas? This is becoming a real problem as it needs to go back on-line as soon as possible

    bgl
    bgledet, Apr 27, 2004

  2. try to rebuild your application.

    Michael

    "bgledet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I had an application developed on asp.net 1.0. I recently moved the

    application to 2003 server and asp.net 1.1. The application loads fine, but
    everytime you click the edit button the grid, the grid disappears.

    > dg1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
    > Dim ponum As Integer = CInt(txtPONumber.Text)
    > coJA.daJACustomPO.SelectCommand.Parameters("@ponumber").Value =

    ponum

    Michael Tkachev, Apr 27, 2004

  3. bgledet

    bgLedet Guest

    I have. Numerous times. Same result. I can put the grid in edit mode from a button outside the grid, but not one of the std edit, delete, cancel buttons. I also can't find a reference to this error anywhere. Any ideas or workarounds would be appreciated

    thanks

    bg

    ----- Michael Tkachev wrote: ----

    try to rebuild your application

    Michae

    "bgledet" <> wrote in messag
    > I had an application developed on asp.net 1.0. I recently moved th

    application to 2003 server and asp.net 1.1. The application loads fine, bu
    everytime you click the edit button the grid, the grid disappears
    >> dg1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemInde

    > Dim ponum As Integer = CInt(txtPONumber.Text
    > coJA.daJACustomPO.SelectCommand.Parameters("@ponumber").Value

    ponu
    > coJA.daJACustomPO.Fill(DsJACustomPO1
    > dg1.DataBind(
    >> This code worked before the move to 1.1
    >> Any ideas? This is becoming a real problem as it needs to go back on-lin

    as soon as possible
    bgLedet, Apr 27, 2004
  4. bgledet

    Scott G. Guest

    The 1.0 to 1.1 release did break some of our DataGrid pages; the primary reason was that we were doing some unnecessary (and improper) DataBind'ing, and we were also lazy about setting up our DataSource's.

    What you might do is go through the page and make sure that you aren't DataBind'ing the DataGrid in such a way that you are killing the postback events -- if the event handlers are being called (set a break point on one) then make sure that the dg1 has a DataSource setup (i.e. if you are in the handler you posted, does the dg1 have a DataSource?).

    I know this isn't much help.

    Scott

    Scott G., Apr 27, 2004