Datagrid "edit" image not working

Nalaka

Hi (I am using visual studio 2005 beta 2)

I have a simple asp.net data grid, with a edit (update and cancel) set.

When the button mode is link, it works fine.

But when the button mode is image, it does not work??????

What am I doing wrong
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Nalaka

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nalaka,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
For the ASP.NET 2.0 GridView 's Image style command button problem you
mentioned, based on my local test, it seems that this is likely a project
or page specific issue. My local ASP.NET 2.0 beta2 environment seems didn't
repro this problem. Here is the GridView's aspx template I used:

<Columns>
<asp:CommandField ButtonType="Image"
CancelImageUrl="~/App_Image/cancel.GIF" EditImageUrl="~/App_Image/edit.GIF"
ShowEditButton="True"
UpdateImageUrl="~/App_Image/update.GIF" />
</Columns>

Have you also tried the test in other projects or pages to see whether its
page/project specific. In addition, since this is a whidbey beta issue, we
also suggest you try posting in the msdn beta forum since there're many
other community members which may have some ideas:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support