Datagrid EDIT using Main form textboxes

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by kumar, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. kumar

    kumar Guest

    Hi Folks

    I am using datagrid to display ,delete ,edit records.

    I have main form on top of the page which are text boxes when they click on
    add button it will add record to database and datagrid.

    Presently for edit functionality I am using datagrid builtin
    edit,update,cancel template column only.

    But I want to do some thing like this.
    when they click on particualr row then that corresponding row data should
    come to main form text boxes. when they click save button it should
    save to database,datagrid. Because I have around 20 columns when they edit
    in datagrid they need to scroll horizantally more.
    So I want to provide add/edit functionality consistently in main form only.
    How can I achieve that functionality?
    If you guys can send/redirect me for any kind of examples that will be great
    help.

    Thanking you
    Kumar
    kumar, Feb 26, 2004