Datagrid edit - whare are the changed values?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?TW9yaQ==?=, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. I have a datagrid with 3 bound columns, two of them editable. The problem is
    when in edit mode, I just can't access the values I typed into the 'new' text
    boxes. Whatever I type in is not available to be used as update parameters
    in my sql.

    For instance, the three strings below (strUserName, strFullName, strPhone)
    return the Values of the field BEFORE edit mode. I have no way to extract
    the values I type during edit.

    protected void dGrid_Update(object sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
    {
    string strUserName = e.Item.Cells[1].Text;
    string strFullName = ((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[2].Controls[0]).Text;
    string strPhone = ((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[3].Controls[0]).Text;

    DoUserUpdate(strUserName, strFullName, strPhone); //call method to
    update Oracle table
    dGrid.EditItemIndex = -1;
    BindGrid();
    }