Datagrid Editing/Validation Frustration

Brian Donahue via .NET 247

While it is entirely possible that I am doing something wrong, Iseem to be running into some major quirkiness/bugginesssurrounding datagrid editing and validation. It's starting toreally frustrate me.

Basically, I am trying to build a datagrid with templatedcolumns, and place validators in the edititemtemplates. I canget this working, with validation output being displayed in avalidationsummary under the grid. But, when I try to addfurther functionality, for example a delete column, or heavenforbid "add row" functionality, validation just dies. The thingthat really kills me is that I have tried backing out ALL newcode I put in, and just restoring the simple datagrid withediting/validation and validation WILL NOT WORK! It just seemsto no longer want to fire for this page once it "breaks." Ihave rebuilt the page 3 times now, every time I get it to theworking point mentioned above, but I'd REALLY like to have allthe functionality on one page (and I'm stubborn) so I try againstep by step trying to figure out where it breaks. Problemis... it breaks, and seemingly no amount of backtracking andremoval of new code will restore it to its working point. Doesanyone have any clue what is happening here?

P.S. I have had a similar weird problem with validation onanother project where validation on a simple form workedperfectly on a local test server, but did not fire at all on theshared hosting server. I would be eternally grateful for anyhelp on either of these two issues.