DataGrid Edits

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JeffJones176, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. JeffJones176

    JeffJones176 Guest

    Hello All,

    I have developed a web app using a datagrid control with
    edit/update/cancel features. I have turned smartNavigation on for the
    app (it's an intranet app; all users use IE). When compiling and
    testing the code in VS.NET 2003, everything works as planned. You click
    on Edit and you can update the various columns allowed for updating.
    Update works as planned as does Cancel. I also do have a Sort method.

    When I deploy this application to the web server, the application still
    works but exhibits a peculiar behavior the first time it is visited
    (per session). I will click on the edit button and it will cause a
    postback event to happen only the page will reload and I will not be
    able to edit the row I clicked on. I will then click on the edit button
    again and everything will be OK.

    Anybody every run into this?

    Regards,
    JeffJones176