Datagrid Edits

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Heavey, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    Hello, I have a datagrid that I have configured to bind
    to "table1". I created and "EditItemTemplate" which is
    also bound to "table1" except for two columns which I
    bound to "table2" and "table3" which support
    DropDownList. These table contain the list of valid
    values which can be selected from the drop down list.

    When a user successfully edits a line, I take the
    appopriate values from the DropDownList and place those
    values into "Table1".

    But when the user re-edits that same line, I am looking
    for some way to set the "selectedIndex" property on
    DropDownList for "table2" and "table3" to the values
    which are currently set in "Table1". I don't think I can
    use the Edit_Command, Update_Command or the
    Cancel_Command to set the index. So is there some event
    I can use to safely "prep" the dropdownlist to the
    appropriate value when the line is re-edited?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

    Jim Heavey, Nov 17, 2003