Datagrid Edits

Jim Heavey

Hello, I have a datagrid that I have configured to bind
to "table1". I created and "EditItemTemplate" which is
also bound to "table1" except for two columns which I
bound to "table2" and "table3" which support
DropDownList. These table contain the list of valid
values which can be selected from the drop down list.

When a user successfully edits a line, I take the
appopriate values from the DropDownList and place those
values into "Table1".

But when the user re-edits that same line, I am looking
for some way to set the "selectedIndex" property on
DropDownList for "table2" and "table3" to the values
which are currently set in "Table1". I don't think I can
use the Edit_Command, Update_Command or the
Cancel_Command to set the index. So is there some event
I can use to safely "prep" the dropdownlist to the
appropriate value when the line is re-edited?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!