DataGrid Error Icon not appearing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Evil Joe, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. Evil Joe

    Evil Joe Guest

    I have an Asp.net application that allows someone to load a datagrid
    from an Excel Spreadsheet and then validate the contents of the
    datagrid.

    I was validating the grid by checking the rows and setting the
    SetColumnError and RowError properties of the data table row where
    appropriate. But, when I bind the datatable to the grid the Error
    Icons don't show up on the page. Is this a Windows Form feature only?
    I have been searching everywhere for a tip but have not located
    anything... :(

    Code
    ====
    For Each drRow In dsSSheet.Tables("Sheet1").Rows

    If Not IsValid(drRow) Then

    drRow.SetColumnError(0, "Bunny Fluff not found")
    drRow.RowError = "Policy Type is invalid"

    End If
    Next

    dgResults.DataSource = dsSSheet.Tables("Sheet1")
    dgResults.DataBind()

    Evil Joe, Jan 10, 2006